Thursday 12 April 2012

Strawberry dress by SerendipityGDDs

New from Serendipity Girls Designer Dresses

“What have you done today to make you feel proud?”
I was listening to the inspirational song called Proud, sung by Heather Small, whilst finishing my latest dress ‘Strawberries’. Every dress that I create is a proud achievement when it finally comes together.

Sometimes I start out with a sketched design and then amend it as I go along. Sometimes the addition of a trim or button makes the dress come alive and it ‘steps out of the ordinary’.
The red satin ribbon trim on ‘Strawberries’ was not planned at the beginning but I thought it added zing to the finished dress and emphasised the colour of strawberries. The fully lined sundress is made for a 2 year old and has a lovely strawberry print on cotton voile. As it’s 100% cotton it is machine washable so it doesn’t matter if ice cream gets dropped down the front!

Want to see more details and 360 degree slideshow of the Strawberries dress?




No comments:

Post a Comment